Downloads (PDF) Feral: Losing Myself and Finding My Way in America’s National Parks ePUB Online



Feral: Losing Myself and Finding My Way in America’s National Parks ePUB Download Kindle by Emily Pennington


Read and Download Feral: Losing Myself and Finding My Way in America’s National Parks Ebook Free Emily Pennington - downloader - pdf, epub, kindle mobi... Feral: Losing Myself and Finding My Way in America’s National Parks Download pdf... Feral: Losing Myself and Finding My Way in America’s National Parks PDF Download Free Emily Pennington Ebook English (PDF, EPUB, KINDLE)





Download book of Feral: Losing Myself and Finding My Way in America’s National Parks


A bracing memoir about self-discovery, liberating escape, and moving forward across an adventurous and volatile American landscape. One year. One national park at a time.This is it. No more California. I’m sifting into the underbelly of where the nomads go.After a decade as an assistant to high-powered LA executives, Emily Pennington left behind her structured life and surrendered to the pull of the great outdoors. With a tight budget, meticulous routing, and a temperamental minivan she named Gizmo, Emily embarked on a yearlong road trip to sixty-two national parks, hell-bent on a single goal: getting through the adventure in one piece. She was instantly thrust into more chaos than she’d bargained for and found herself on an unpredictable journey rocked by a gutting romantic breakup, a burgeoning pandemic, wildfires, and other seismic challenges that threatened her safety, her sanity, and the trip itself.What began as an intrepid obsession soon evolved into a life-changing experience. Navigating the tangle of life’s unexpected sucker punches, Feral invites readers along on Emily’s grand, blissful, and sometimes perilous journey, where solitude, resilience, self-reliance, and personal transformation run wild.

Details of the book :


Author : Emily Pennington
★★★★☆ 3.4 from 5 stars (2031 Reviews)
Langue : English
ISBN-10 : 1542039703
File size: 17 MB

Support format : PDF, EPUB, Kindle, Audio HTML, RTF, TXT, MOBI.
Compatible device : Android, Apple, iPad, iPhone, PC, and Amazon Kindle.


I got this book for free from Amazon first reads and was so excited. I am a huge hiker, and love taking trips with my dogs. I love nature, and have dreamt about buying an RV to go out west for weeks exploring. As a single, young woman I was excited to read about another young woman’s journey to all the different National parks and her experiences. I won’t lie, I was disappointed from start to finish. I should’ve known when the book started by talking about a break-up I should’ve bailed. I felt like with how many national parks there are I got few glimpses of the vibes of parks and much more drama than I cared to read about. A break-up, living in a world of covid, struggling in general, I get it. It’s tough, and I’m sure being on the road without a stable home is hard. I don’t want to minimize any of that, however, everyone deals and or has dealt with those issues or ones equally as challenging. It felt so whiney to me. Constant complaining about pretty much everything. She planned and saved for the adventure of a life time, but continued to be negative about the tight schedule (she made), who she traveled and didn’t travel with (who she chose), and her fear of covid while she proceeded to fly on planes, stay in hotels, and be out on the road. I was disconnected from her throughout the whole book. A book like this you have to develop a connection with the writer early on in the book to make the reader care, I didn’t. I don’t know if that was the writing or my personal taste. You are probably reading this review, and questioning why I gave it 3 stars. So, why three stars? I finished it. There was good moments, good quotes, and some snippets of national parks I enjoyed. The Hawaii part of her trip was good. There will be people out there that do enjoy this book. I know that. I personally didn’t like it and was disappointed by the expectations I held. If I would’ve went into this book with a mindset of self-discovery and developing self-love, I may have loved it. Our own expectations of something can truly impact how we feel about it. I hope if you have a desire to read this book that you do it. Give it a shot, but with the preface that it’s more about personal self-discovery and random inner thoughts than anything else. If you look at the national parks journey as secondary to her inner journey that took place throughout the book, you may enjoy it much more than I did. Feral: Losing Myself and Finding My Way in America’s National Parks ePUB Download Kindle epub This was the one of the Amazon First Reads for January 2023, and I am so glad it was. What an adventure the author takes us on. Her journey becomes our journey as we follow her trek through the US National Parks and her trek through the end stages of a relationship and a renewed discovery of self.Reading this, I felt as if I was reading two books in one. First, there is the story of her trip across America with all of the challenges that came with it including the global pandemic starting just two months in. Second, there is her personal relationship journey. Going from thinking she was with a life partner, to breaking up, to dating, to finding herself, this is a story of someone who has to relearn who she is, and how to help herself.Honestly, I probably wouldn't have enjoyed the book as much as I did if it would have only contained one of the pieces. I'm not an outdoorsy guy, so the hiking, biking, and camping wouldn't have interested me near as much if her other struggles weren't discussed. I'm glad Emily opened up and was honest with us about both the trip and the internal struggles because it made for a wonderful read. PDF Feral: Losing Myself and Finding My Way in America’s National Parks pdf online The detail that the author gave of her 1 yr journey into the US national parks was fascinating, exciting and so interesting and it makes me want to add more parks onto my bucket list. What I didn’t like about the book was the rambling on and on about her on and off again relationship with her boyfriend that she left back home who would occasionally join her on her hiking excursions to the different parks. So much detail of that relationship and she was very whiny about it. I especially wasn’t expecting the detail of their sex lives. Perhaps she was trying to convey the loneliness she felt through her journey but, in my opinion, she added too much detail about this.I think she could have told more about the history of how the parks became National Parks as I was led to believe in the description of the book that this would be part of the narrative.An aspect of the book that I found very interesting was that she had planned this journey for several years and when she finally started it, Covid hit. So her travel challenges because of Covid made it more intriguing.Because I love hiking, traveling to the National Parks and nature in general, I would recommend this book. ePUB Feral: Losing Myself and Finding My Way in America’s National Parks leggi kindle (PDF) Downloads Feral: Losing Myself and Finding My Way in America’s National Parks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[PDF] Downloads To Be Devoured ePUB Mobile